Monday, November 10, 2008

Mystery words


OK, I hardly ever do a "mommy" post, but I thought if this is my journal too, I ought to record some stuff the kids say when they were small, or I'll forget them. Right now, Kai always says "really". "Mom, it's really raining". "Mom, Tia's really home" "I really got a long sleeve shirt on", "I really ate my breakfast". He's also accustomed to saying "paper toilet" instead of toilet paper. Tia, when she was little always had her own words for things. "You're all fixed up" instead of "mixed up", and "I want to go to the zoo" was "I wanna go doops" (that one took us a while to figure out!). I won't even start with Ari. For 3 years it was just screaming and yelling to get our attention, and a real guessing game after that. Actually that's not the happiest memory. I'm so grateful to the people who taught us sign language. She'd be seriously scarred if we hadn't gotten that training. OK, maybe I'll do a cool post later. Just wanted to record that stuff.

4 comments:

belann said...

To me, that's cool. Love those kids.

Deja said...

I wish we saw more of those kids on here, Ammie. I like them.

Didn't Tia think of "shrapped" too? As in, "You're all shrapped up." I still use that one.

Kira said...

Shrapped was Natey. Some era though. They are funny. Do all the kids posts you would like, we love them.

Kira said...

Keaton loves this pictures of the kids, for me it brings back good memories. I love Tias arm. Keaton thinks it is a picture of Tia, Ari, and baby Maggie. I never thought about it but Kai and Maggie do look alike.