Monday, October 6, 2008

Tasting party!

I've got a catering job later in October, and did a tasting for it tonight. It's a reception, and they just want sweets. OKAY! Those make the BEST looking table. I love to cook some cool food for a dinner, but with hot food, basically you've got chafers. A table full of chafers doesn't make for the coolest presentation. This of course is not the case if you're Culinary Crafts whom people pay $70.00 a person to feed them. Then you can do all kinds of fun stuff like chef action stations, or lucite platforms hung from the ceiling...... aaah, someday. My jobs are usually "what can I do for 4.00 a person, or 10.00 a person," which I can relate to really well. It's hard to shell out a bunch of cash when you're starting a young couple down the road to financial independence. These guys picked some cool stuff: fruit platters, peanut butter mousse cups (I tried some chocolate mousse cups too for variety), fruit tarts, and chocolate covered strawberries. I'm a little sad they didn't want any white chocolate on the strawberries, because I love the contrast, but hey, they're paying for it. Guess what we had for dinner tonight? Wrong. But we had GREAT family home evening treats!






4 comments:

Deja said...

They're gorgeous, Ammie. Just gorgeous.

Kira said...

I am family, where is my treats? Consider yummy sounds made.

belann said...

The Mom votes yes too!!!

They look wonderful.

Jacobson Five said...

Now the question is did they like them. Let me know what you want me to do for it.