Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The City of Ember --interesting children's book

Just finished this yesterday. I was sick OK? It's OK to lay low once in a while. Tia has been raving about it, and to be honest, juvenile fiction is my favorite genre. When i read, I'm usually looking for an escape. This book was perfect for that. Interesting concept, all new scenery, and characters I didn't mind relating too. To explain what I mean, I loved Middlemarch by George Elliot, because I loved Dorothy. I couldn't read her book Brother Jacob however, because the main character disgusted me. Same thing with Kite Runner. With juvenile fiction, usually you don't have to worry too much about that. One could argue, that characters aren't as deeply drawn in these books I suppose, because as juveniles they are not fully developed human beings. I'm OK with that. For an escape, I'm good with that. I heard this book is a movie out right now? Let me know if you've seen it.

No comments: