Monday, December 8, 2008

Why real photographers use a tripod.

I was thinking it would be fun to show you how my tree turned out, with thanks to Stacy's idea of the 7.00 Costco ribbon, but then I reallized I was a little short on equipment to take the pictures properly. I wanted to show you how everything really looked with the lights off, and the tree and Christmas village lights turned on, but that needs a longer exposure time, during which I am prone to breathe. Anyway, Here are some artistically blurry pictures of this year's Christmas decor.




Because it takes a village.... I was really dreading setting this up, but after setting up buffet/catering tables all year, the village was actually a piece of cake. (Mmmmm. Cake.)


If you look close, you can see the lights are small wiggly lines (that's when I breathed I guess).





Pretty cool eh? Nothing like the Robert's craft store trees, but then I didn't spend 27 hundred thousand dollars on it either. Jeff WAS right though, it doesn't quite fit with the star. I had to squash it on there, and the top point is scraping the ceiling.

See? Not so impressive with the flash, but at least it isn't blurry.

3 comments:

Deja said...

It's breathtaking. Nicely done, as usual.

Galo Fab 5 said...

It's beautiful. I bet it looks even better in person. Mine is up but not decorated yet. I may get there before Christmas!

belann said...

Very lovely. Can't wait to see it in person.