Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cake Buffet

We did a reception last night at city hall which turned out beautiful. My friend has a wedding decor business, and every time we do a reception together she just wows me with her abilities and resources. For my part we did a served cake buffet. This reception was supposed to be for 500-600 people, and I was really nervous about serving that many people by hand without having a big line back up, but it turned out fine. I don't think we had quite that many, but still, I really appreciate the opportunity to try it, because now I've got the confidence to do it again. I had some of my favorite helpers too to serve, and that makes it more fun.


OK, now for the cakes. The star of the show was Lenora's world famous cake from Magleby's. I had one of my ladies cutting just this cake. With it's four layers, it's got amazing presence, but also takes some skill and patience to serve.


Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. Cheesecake is always popular, but the flavors my client chose went over really well.

Classic Carrot Cake --also one of the popular choices. I think carrot cake is almost always my favorite.
The little girls especially liked this Peppermint Chocolate cake (it IS pink). The crumbs were pretty yummy though --that's real melted chocolate drizzled down the sides, with crushed starlight mints on the top.


Double Chocolate Godiva Cheesecake. Noone had to push that one.


The kids really liked this fancy Oreo Cake too. I think the Oreo cake and the Peppermint Chocolate were the prettiest on the table.




Anyway, we did it. The bride was beautiful, everyone was happy with their cake, and now I'm going to go put my feet up!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there any leftovers?
-Kira

Unknown said...

I meant ARE there any leftovers?

Kelli said...

wow.

Kelli said...

oh, and let's plant seeds. I can't wait.

Launie said...

Man! Let me know when you do another one of those weddings. I will crash it! Those cakes looked killer!

belann said...

I didn't know there were so many different kinds of cake. Amazing!

Deja said...

dang those for looking so good.

lovely work, ammie.

Terry Earley said...

Yummm!