Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sundance Oklahoma, Kayaking the Provo river, and Rodeo.




My sister and aunt and I went to see Oklahoma at Sundance this August. I wasn't expecting much, but it was so fun! The acting and singing was so well done. I haven't been a big fan of the Tuacahn in St. George, and worried I just didn't like live shows, but this one changed my mind. I wanted to sing along. I must have watched this movie a million times as a kid, and it was nostalgic to hear all of the lines again. 

 Great set off in the mountains. We had to trek quite a bit from our car but it was worth it.


 Jeff and Kai tried to do the 50 mile hike/camp out this summer, and it kind of washed out --no fish in the reservoirs, and the other people going just wanted to go home. Jeff promised Kai and adventure, and had the time off, so he took Kai and Ari kayaking down the Provo river. I was "drop off and car shuttle" girl.








 Made me a little nervous seeing them off, but they did great and had a good time.

  My nephew also got his mission call to the Dominican Republic in August. As I write this he is there. He already loves the people. 

 Jeff and I saw advertised a "bull fighting" event at the Spanish Fork rodeo grounds. We assumed it was just a rodeo. It wasn't. The object was to get as close to the bull as possible and get away. So crazy. At least they weren't poking swords into the bull, but seeing the close calls these guys take was scary!

 One bull decided he wasn't getting back into the pen at the end. They teased him, and roped him and tried to drag him using two horses and cowboys, and finally had to pull his tail to get him in! We kind of loved the show. It seemed like the bulls and the rodeo guys were pretty evenly matched. Or maybe the bull was at an advantage. Anyway lots of fun. Not our normal crowd, but that didn't matter.