Monday, December 24, 2018

Neighborhood Halloween Party.

There was some drama this year around our neighborhood party, and at one point I was a toddler and said I wasn't going to do it. But my friends talked me into going for it after all and I am glad we did. I also was so nervous about getting my costume done, I planned on using a wedding dress from D.I., but they have gotten smart over there and have upped their prices to 50.00-75.00. I couldn't stomach that! Luckily I found an unlined lace short dress that worked for a base, and I was able to add to it.

 We set up in Kelli's back yard (side yard?) and luckily we had perfect weather once again. It seems like we are always blessed with good weather.

This year we decided to do a potluck Mexican dinner, and so got a pinata to go with the theme.

 Everyone magnified their callings when it came to costumes! Audrey did family classic games.

 We had a full galleon's worth of pirates.
 BYU marching band members and a sorting hat.
 Works of art.
 A nursing home with staff and tiny old ladies.


 People really kicked in on food too! We had sopapillas, I did carne asada, quessadillas, tomales, enchiladas, beans, and a ton of chips and salsa! Oh churros! We had churros!







 This couple killed it with their costumes. Oh my goodness.




 80's rappers.


 Static cling. and her minion husband.





 This little one won the overall prize for costumes. I think. She won one of the categories for sure. 

 aaaaw. Daniel Tiger. Love it.
 Jack Jack!














 ...with stars on thars



 haha I couldn't tell who this really was! He played his part so perfectly! Any guesses?

 This is my Jeff who was a good sport and did Charlie brown for me. Complete with the ghost costume with extra holes ("I had a little trouble with the scissors") and the pillowcase with rocks in it ("I got a rock").







 Jeff also grilled up my carne asada for me. 
















 My brother and Sister in law came as beekeepers!


 We tried to put in lots of safety protocols around the pinata, but still, inevitably, things got dicey once it burst open.



 Kids rushed in, and the one with the bat pulled back for a second swing. Oh my goodness. I am so glad nobody's head got smashed in.








 Nanook of the north :) I think she actually came as a Canadian or an Alaskan, but this is what I think when I see this picture.



 My sweet little friends here came a little later. Adorable costumes though. I hope they got some treats.








No comments: