Sunday, December 23, 2018

August --this was a lot of weddings, plus the last one may be my magnum opus. Can you say that about food?

 So let me say up front that not all of these are my jobs. Two of them, this first one and the third one were my partner's vision and ideas. I helped out baking cookies for the first, and just helped run the third, but I don't want any credit for her beautiful tables. The second job on this post was two days before another huge job, and my sister did most of the carrying out of the plans, although we used my vision and recipes. The last one was all me. Oh my goodness, I had panic attacks for a week before hand, but we did it! That job --I may never understand how I pulled that one off. Let's get into it shall we?
 This first wedding was held up Hobble Creek canyon, and the venue was just lovely. Add in the gorgeous farm tables and beautiful bride, and it was just dreamy. 
 We had mini salads and sandwiches,
 A crudite basket,
 Citrus waters,
 and a milk and cookie bar. I thought my partner was genius for thinking of getting these cute milk bottles.
 My other friend does woodworking,and finished these tree slices for me just the day before. I lent them to Audrey for this table and they look so cute with the cookies on them. I love it.
 Classic lovely cake from our other neighbor --if you are looking for a perfect cake that is the most delicious thing you have ever had, this lady is your best bet. I can give you her contact info.




 I thought you might like a couple of behind the scenes pics. This was an involved prep!


But we had an awesome crew to do it with. 


 This next job was the one my sister helped me with. Once again we had a spectacular venue to work with. The mother of the bride is a spectacular gardener, and the bride, since she was a little girl, had dreamed of holding her reception in her backyard. The bride was actually living back east before the wedding, but came back home to have her dream reception.
 We did fruit towers, a cookie assortment, (the lime white chocolate ones were a big hit), and a cheesecake bar with lots of toppings.





  I also was in love with the flowers the bride chose. So summery and pretty.



 We did lots of oak greenery to tie in with all of the nearby trees and flowers. I thought that dark green turned out to be a good choice. 




 Along with our sweet station, the reception had a soft drink bar,
 And fresh oven fired pizzas. 


I always think some savory is a good idea. That pizza went fast!

This third job was Audrey's too, and I just had to show up and work. Sometimes that is just a real relief. If anything goes wrong someone else has to worry about it! But nothing went wrong on this one that I can remember. 

 It is such a bonus when a client gets beautiful displays and tables for us to work from. This two ladder idea is something I wish I could steal for every job I do. Isn't it fun?
 This is something my partner has done for a few weddings --a lemonade bar. People loved this! For one thing it was over 100 degrees. The Gramma of the bride hosted this reception in her backyard, and very very kindly dropped the thermostat in her house to like 60 degrees and it saved us! At least as we ran in and out we got cool while we were inside. 

 I also loved this crate display my partner created. 
 These were variations on bread and butters --the bride loves bread!














 Ok this one. This was the job that almost put me under!! But it turned out great. 
 This was the setup. Four full food tables, 
 With a water and a cake table too. I had my girls running all night. I bid the job with 6 helpers and I think I got 8 people. I needed two people on each full table.


The first table was a nacho bar. I was kind of excited for this one to see how pretty I could make it. he key was to get a ton of different toppings all of different colors!






 The next was a salad bar. For a little change, we just served three types of salads instead of offering all of the components.
 I felt so lucky to run into these huge bowls in Ikea. I looked EVERYWHERE so pretty options. I took these, and painted them gold. They made a big impact.



 Watermelon salad. This turned out so yummy. I was able to get the famous Green River melons and they were sugar sweet. Mixing it with feta and mint and olives, and onions --it was amazing.
 Mini sandwich bar. I used heirloom tomatoes from my own garden for the pretty colors. The bride was hoping for pretzel rolls and nobody in all of Utah could get them for me. I was able to get foccacia rolls , and some other fun options.






 The last table was and antipasti bar. By the way, this was my first attempt to do chalkboard signs. They weren't perfect, but at least they tied in all of my tables. 








We did some other things in August, but this post is long enough! See you on the next post!

1 comment:

belann said...

These pictures should be in Brides magazine in an article about beautiful wedding feasts. Amazing!