Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple Italian Dinner

 I went to the health food store today and found this really fun vegetable pasta.  My kids all wanted it tonight for dinner so I created a simple Italian themed meal to go with it.

 You gotta have your veggies first, so I sprayed some broccoli in a little olive oil, and sprinkled it with garlic and lemon pepper before roasting at 400 for 30 minutes.

 Next I worked on the protein.  I was using my Flavor Bible (that's how I thought of lemon with the broccoli too), and picked out a few components recommended to go with white beans.
 I mixed in a bowl: 2 T. molasses, 3T. Italian seasoning, 1T. mustard, 2 T. soy sauce, 1 T. olive oil then poured it over two cans of navy beans rinsed and drained.  With just a quick warmup in the microwave, and added split cherry tomatoes it was a really yummy main dish.  Super easy too.
So for the dinner menu we had the noodles with marinara, the balsamic herbed beans with cherry tomatoes, and the lemon garlic roasted broccoli.  Let me know if you try it!

2 comments:

april said...

Yum that looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing!

belann said...

Sounds delightful. We still have some white beans cooked in the freezer, so I think I will thaw them and try this.