Sunday, April 29, 2018

Prom for Ari

 I've said it before, but I am so grateful my girls are able to have fun experiences like this. Especially when Ari became Deaf, I was worried a lot of this kind of thing wouldn't be a part of her life. Thank goodness for good friends, and the all of the really good kids we have here in our little town.
 We took Ari to the Ulta store the day before for a little makover --to try a new look for the dance. 
 The lady did a great job, and showed her the winged eyeliner trick, and an old Hollywood glamour look, which she promptly decided she didn't like when it was done. We had kind of a meltdown towards the end of that trip, but I'm going to try to just remember the good parts :). 
 Actual prom night saw me doing a demo on cookie decorating for our church, so we took a few pictures before I had to leave. Yes my hair is only half curled here so it looks a little weird.
 This dress was a big decision. She couldn't decide, and we actually ordered two at the last minute, thinking I would return the one she didn't decide on, but she earned the other one doing canyoneering so...anyway she was deliberating between the two up until the last couple of days.

 I made the boutonniere for her sweet date, but I didn't have long enough pins. Jeff tells me it was quite the ordeal getting it pinned on. I need to order some pins! 



 Ari said this kid was so nice, really a gentleman. And funnily enough --a great driver. "Much better than you and Dad Mom". WHATEVER.



 This was an all day thing. They went to an escape room thing in the morning, and a scavenger hunt, and dinner, and pictures in the park, I mean --this was a time commitment!










 I also really like the custom of going in big groups to these things. My funnest times in college were when we all went out in a big group of friends. Also? Safer. 
Thank you again to her cute date!

No comments: