Friday, March 16, 2018

Catering a 30th.


A friend of a friend contacted me a month or two ago about catering her 30th birthday party. I was a little nervous about this job since it was for a smaller group, but it worked out great. The party venue was her friend's house which was gorgeous. That kitchen had an island that was 10x6. I have lived in places where the entire kitchen was 10x6! I set up on that island and it was a lovely display place with beautiful overhead pendant lights that really gave a warm glow to the food.

We did mostly appetisers --like a great big charcuterie board, but we did do some mini desserts.

 Raspberry cheesecake mousse cups, butterscotch mousse cups, and of course chocolate chocolate cups. 

My time for setup was limited, so the birthday girl did some of my table flowers. I am glad I left it up to her --she has a real knack. Her sisters also helped with some of my setup. That was one place where I wish I had done something different. I could have used another hour there before the party started. I hate to pull in the party guests to help set up food! Although they did a great job.

 I did a vegetable crudite basket with some lovely red leaf lettuce. The heads of lettuce each cradle a type of cut veggie, and I put a Tuscan roasted red pepper dip in the middle.
She had a friend make these peanut butter truffles, and the macarons below. The macarons in particular were wonderful. We have tried making them here, and I think the temperature on my gas oven varies too much for our success. We always have hollows. These were perfect.
I particularly liked the dash of gold added to the tops.

 Hopefully she doesn't mind me grabbing a few of her pictures from facebook. I wanted to show how amazing this party was. She had a DJ
 Photo booth and display wall


Big balloon arch with giant balloon bouquets. When this group started dancing things got kind of crazy!

 This cake! Her cake fell through, and it was the centerpiece for the table as you can see below.
She bought a Costco cake, and found some edible gold spray paint.
et voila! Gold cake! I think it turned out really cool! Now I know what to do for my next party. We could all use a little more sparkle in our lives on our birthdays.
Not to mention some good food. I think people enjoyed it.


2 comments:

belann said...

What a beautiful spread. It looks like it was one of those parties you would always remember.

Meeshab said...

wow!