Sunday, September 3, 2017

Celery Clips.

 My niece called it the Celery clips. We were slow off the mark on being able to enjoy it. We didn't travel to an area of totality, I didn't order glasses... basically we were totally lame. For a family with a father that is a computer nerd and a mother that is a science geek, I was thoroughly ashamed of us. Luckily we have neighbors. 
We started out with a pinhole camera. This worked pretty well, and was fun to see. 

 The we wandered out to the front yard, hoping there were some neighbors with eclipse glasses we could borrow for a second. Across the street, the Strongs were using pieces of a mylar balloon that they gave us a scrap of. They also had glasses that we borrowed for a second. The view was so cool that I wished I had figured out some supplies for us --and especially a way to capture it on film. 







 We went back out to the front yard and noticed the most amazing shadows below our trees and bushes.



 The Henries had glasses for all their littles, and she texted me to come share. So nice of her!





My sister took her family to an area of totality for the eclipse, and she talked about how much the temperature dropped, and how they saw the stars come out. Probably worth the traffic jams coming back, but we had a good time here too. Maybe next time it comes around I will pony up!

1 comment:

belann said...

Such an event. Looks like you got to see more than we did of the "celery clips."